(1 of 9)
(2 of 9)
(3 of 9)
(4 of 9)
(5 of 9)
(6 of 9)
(7 of 9)
(8 of 9)
(9 of 9)
Fashion week’s takeaway trend? Standard-issue handbags are a thing of the past—whether arm-cradled, neck-strung or waist-wrapped, there’s a way to hoist your carryall that says it all. Check out the slideshow above for all of the latest fashions.
1. Dress, $7,300, by Valentino at Neiman Marcus, Stanford Shopping Center; double-georgette scarf, $1,200, at tomford.com; white fingerless leather long gloves, $725, at Gucci, Santana Row; Leigh small top handle crossbody bag with chain, $595, at 31philliplim.com; Fantasy Fabric patent calfskin boots, $1,575, at Chanel, San Francisco.
2. Stretch-velvet dress with hand-embroidered floral threadwork, $4,995, and Louis XI black suede boot accented with floral embroidery, price upon request, both by Naeem Khan at Neiman Marcus, Stanford Shopping Center; Jacobian flower-embroidered nude duchesse satin bustier with carmine silk faille sash, $3,990, at oscardelarenta.com; Diane floral-embroidered chain wallet, $1,595, by Jason Wu at Saks Fifth Avenue, San Francisco; gold chains, stylist's own.
3. Iridescent lambskin coat, $13,800, at Chanel, San Francisco; Mamma Said dress, $2,495, at ellery.com; large Moon bag, $5,350, at delpozo.com; Ada shoe in gold metallic nappa/silver mirror nappa, $595, by Malone Souliers at shopbop.com; tights, stylist's own.
4. Draped-shoulder sequin colorblock dress, $5,900, at tomford.com; Folly Uniform jacket, $1,500, by Zimmermann at Saks Fifth Avenue, San Francisco; soft Sofia handbag, $2,100, and rain protector, price upon request, both at Salvatore Ferragamo, Westfield Valley Fair; Remola suede boot, $1,775, by Manolo Blahnik at Saks Fifth Avenue, San Francisco.
5. Red maxi cutout pullover dress, $3,750, at Fendi, San Francisco; Hammock Dots bag, $3,350, and Barcelona Dots bag, $3,150, both by Loewe at Barneys New York, San Francisco; scarf, $1,200, by Prada at Saks Fifth Avenue, San Francisco; gloves, price upon request, at altuzarra.com.
6. Chestnut and black triacetate and polyester striped blazer, $1,995, by Altuzarra at boutique1.com; fur stole, price upon request, at blumarine.com; white short-sleeved T-shirt, $195, by Prabal Gurung at Barneys New York, San Francisco, and prabalgurung.com; linear beaded pant, $5,495, by Naeem Khan at Neiman Marcus, Stanford Shopping Center; silver cap-toe chain pumps, $1,990, at tomford.com; leather gloves with pearls, $1,440, and GG Marmont matelassé leather belt bag, $1,050, both at Gucci, Santana Row.
7. Floral-print coat with twocolored mink-fur trim, $6,125, at blumarine.com; top, $3,680, and skirt, $6,940, both by Prada at Saks Fifth Avenue, San Francisco; sunglasses, $1,240, at Gucci, Santana Row; Double T mini bag in calf hair and leather, $735, at tods.com.
8. Minerva chestnut, black and gold silk embellished dress, $20,000, at altuzarra.com; floral-print lace blouse, $690, at blumarine.com; handbag, $2,700, at Chanel, San Francisco; shoes, price upon request, by Prada at Saks Fifth Avenue, San Francisco.
9. Check Giallo/Vichy devoré single-shoulder dress with embroidered tulle underlay top and skirt, $3,225, at Versace, Westfield Valley Fair; Geometric mesh top, price upon request, similar styles at 31philliplim.com; bra, $900, at Dior, San Francisco; glasses, $320, by Miu Miu at LensCrafters, Westfield Valley Fair; belt in Dark Cavados and Nero Karung, $810, at Bottega Veneta, Westfield Valley Fair; brown and yellow leather bag, $1,980, and white vinyl and leather bag, $1,370, both at Marni, San Francisco; Simmonbow heel, price upon request, by special order at Manolo Blahnik, 212.582.3007.
Hair by Moiz Alladina at The Wall Group using Kevin Murphy products. Makeup by Kiyoshi Maeda at Utopia using MAC.
Originally published in the September/October issue of Silicon Valley